Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summary cost, current status

So with a lot of labor and a little money, I built a playable volleyball court. I still need to improve it (lighting is the priority), but it did the job. Here's the rough cost rundown, excluding my "free" labor:

1) Posts: $30
2) Net: $40
3) Lines, stakes: $20
4) Hooks, fasteners: $20
5) Site prep: $50 (including weed killer)
6) Sand: $360
7) Fence, metal stakes: $50
8) Lighting: $60 (but used existing owned lighting, extension cord)
9) Plastic sheeting: $60
10) Watering: $20 (hose + sprinkler)


So that's about $710 total! I don't think one can build a working court much cheaper than that.

Possible enhancements:
1) Permanent, better lighting (working on this right now)
2) side fencing (balls roll to side more often than I thought)
3) perimeter sand (there is very little sand left for out of bounds)
4) water/sprinkers (currently I use a 100' foot hose)

2 comments:

  1. I need to budget right away to have all of them complete.

    coaches toolbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete