Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Purpose of this blog

About a year ago, an idea struck me to build my own outdoor sand volleyball court. Doing research on the subject, I was quite incredulous of building costs and elaborate designs. $10,000+ for volleyball court? 12" depth of sand? Having played sand volleyball in Arizona for a couple years, people play on what can be described at "concrete with a couple inches of dirt/sand over it." Obviously it's not the best situation, but I figured I can cut some corners on my own court to keep the costs down while still achieving my end goal.

My volleyball court is now built and played on. In this blog I will break down my design ideas, costs, and issues. I hope this blog will help guide other aspiring volleyball court builders!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment